FiM FTC 2nd Qualifier Registration opens 8am, 10/12
FIRST in Michigan FTC 2nd Event Registration form link will be opened for submissions at on Thursday, October 12 and will be available at the link below. This note is going out in advance of the form opening. Participation in a 2nd event is optional but highly encouraged as it allows teams to apply all that they've learned at their first event.
A venue has been found for the 11/18-Detroit FTC Qualifier. Thank you to Detroit Cristo Rey for stepping up to host! This event will be open for 2nd qualifier submissions.
11/18-Detroit FTC QualifierDetroit Cristo Rey High SchoolEvent capacity: 32
2nd event placement prioritization:
- Available spots at the event; assignment is made until an event's capacity is reached.
- Date/timestamp of 2nd Event Form submission
- Date/timestamp of team's season registration per the FIRST FTC Team Registration System.Teams registered by this date were guaranteed that there would be a 2nd qualifier spot factored in for them. Note that this did not guarantee placement at a particular event.
- Team provides a full ranking of preferred event choices. Limiting the number of ranked event choices on the form could result in a team not being placed in a 2nd qualifier event due to the team's preferred event(s) having already reaching capacity.
- There is no guarantee of a team's placement at a particular event nor availability of a spot at a team's preferred event(s).
Events with number of available spots: This list can be found on the MI Event Process doc linked below.
Please refer to the 2017-2018 MI FTC Event Process for details on the event registration process and for a preliminary allocation of advancement spots per event. Note that pre-Thanksgiving events provide more advancement spots than post-Thanksgiving events. Advancement allocations are made this way because events occurring later in the event cycle include teams that have earned advancement spots at earlier competitions and also to incentivize earlier events. A team already registered for a post-Thanksgiving is encouraged to choose a pre-Thanksgiving event.
- Any remaining event spots will be opened up for 3rd event registration.
The 2017-2018 Michigan FTC Team List has our 2017-2018 registered teams to date along with 1st Event confirmations. Teams must be registered for the 2017-2017 season in order to be placed in an event. If your team is fully registered for the 2017-2018 season and is not on the MI FTC Team List, please email email@example.com an
d include your team number in the subject line.
If your team is just coming on board and still needs to sign up for their Home event:
- If you DON'T see your team on the FiM FTC Team List, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you DO see your team on the FIM FTC Team list with a home event pre-asignment and a "Need form" notation in the confirmed 1st qualifier column, fill out the form linked here in addition to the 2nd event form.2017-2018 FiM FTC Home Event Registration Form.