FIRST national will reset the Team Registration System in preparation for the 2018-19 season at the end of April which will wipe out 2017-18 team rosters. Teams needing to print rosters for spring events and/or the MDE FIRST Robotics Grant roster reporting requirement will need to do so before April 30th.
MDE FIRST Robotics Grant Recipients - Roster Reporting Requirement
As part of the MDE FIRST Robotics Grant reporting requirement, award recipients must provide the MDE with an electronic roster. The school/district will upload one cumulative roster to MEGS+ that includes the individual roster for every FIRST team in the school/district awarded the MDE grant this season. Award recipient lists on techplan.org
The Lead Coach/Mentor 1 or 2 of an MDE grant awarded team should provide the Level 5 person in their school/district with roster information specific to their team. The Level 5 person in your school/district has access to the MEGS+ system and will be the person that submitted for the MDE grant on behalf of the school/district at the start of the season.
The MDE is requesting the following information on each team member:
- District Code
- School Code
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- Team Number
Two ways to share your team’s roster with your school/district Level 5. Do not send your roster to FIRST in Michigan.
1) Teams that have team members registered through the FIRST Team Registration System can download the team roster from the system.
- Log on to your Team Dashboard through your FIRST Account at https://www.firstinspires.org/
- Find the “Team Contacts/Roster” section on the screen (3rd section)
- Click on “Contact Options” dropdown menu
- Click on “Print Team Roster”
- On the top right of the “Team Contacts” page, click on the “Printable Roster” button.
- FIRST national will reset the Team Registration System in preparation for the 2018-19 season at the end of April which will wipe out 2017-18 team rosters.
2) Alternatively, teams can download this template and fill in fields that are known, at least the ones in red. Make sure to rename the template, when saving, to include your FIRST program name, team number, and school name.
- Roster template: 2017-18 FIRST Robotics Grant Student Roster Template
- EXAMPLE: FTC 9999 ABC Middle School FIRST Robotics Grant Student Roster”.
Spring event confirmations are listed on the MI FTC Team List.
There are still openings at some events:
0 spots remaining - 05/12 Blue Thunder Fest, Canton
4 spots remaining - 05/12 Vassar FTC Spring
20 spots remaining - 05/12 FTC Spring Fling, Iron Mountain
11 spots remaining - 05/19 Cassopolis May Day
3 spots remaining - 05/19 Troy MAYhem
These event spots are open to all teams. Fill out the below linked form to register to compete at these events:
Spring 2018 FIRST in Michigan FTC Event Registration Form
All events are linked to the FIRST and FIRST in Michigan FTC website and are available for volunteer sign up.
Volunteers are needed to help assemble the FTC competition fields at the FIRST Championship in Detroit on FIRST CMP Detroit-FTC Field Build. Additionally, official sign up is to register in VIMS as "FTC load in crew members" forhe FIRST Championship VC will assign you and work out the details.. These volunteers should be high school aged or older - great outreach for a FRC team! The timeframe is 1pm-6pm. If you're able to help, please fill out this form so that FiM knows of your participation:
Thanks for your support!